Friday, September 09, 2005

Assorted Crap

There’s either not much going on in my head lately to focus a “Dangerously Accurate Opinion” on, or there’s too much going on in my head and I can’t focus on just one thing. So, in an attempt to try and put something on here, I’m going to just do a scattershot musing and see where it leads.

1) A Household Word -- I honestly haven’t watched the news this much since 9/11 and I’ve never before heard so many people say my name (Michael Brown, in reference to the douche nozzle-“Head” of FEMA) who I never thought would. Just hearing almost every news anchor and topical comedian uttering the name “Michael Brown”, is both cool, weird, and slightly unsettling.

2) Diplomacy Is Over – No one really cares, but since it’s been on my mind lately I’ll mention it. The tenuous and ever-shredding sense of civility between The Former Girlfriend and myself is over and done with. It’s probably for the best. Upon reflection I really don’t want to be even casually cordial with this pathological liar. Good luck to you Nona. I wish you nothing at this point but continued misery in the Hell of Your Own Making.

3) Welcome To The Rest Of Your Life – I turned 35 last Thursday. I am in no way assuming I’m going to live past 70 years old, so, effectively I have lived half my life. The first half wasn’t too bad. More up’s than down’s, I suppose. My mind is at war with itself wondering how the second half is going to turn out (it’s the Glass Half Empty vs. Glass Half Full battle). However it ends, I know I’m still going to have to lose weight and more than likely stop smoking (which sucks, because I actually like smoking damn it).

4) Back In The Saddle Again – I’ve jumped in and started treading water in the dating pool once more. I’ll probably have more about this later on. Suffice it to say, I am currently “off the market” as it were (and for inquiring minds, yes, she too has a “celebrity look alike”).

5) Just An Observation #1 – You ever notice that handicapped parking is closest to the door, but their bathroom stalls are all the way at the end of the room?

6) A Career Move? -- So, I've been toying with stand-up comedy for 8 1/2 months now. This past week I turned in an audition tape of two of my open-mic performances to the owner of the local comedy club. I’ll keep people posted if anything comes of this. To be honest, if I could make a living just coming up with funny shit and getting up in front of people to say it, that’d be just fine with me.

7) Just An Observation #2 – It seems that my cat has made it his job to knock as much extraneous stuff off of any flat surface onto the floor. I guess everyone needs a hobby and he seems to take great joy in his.


That’s it for today. I promise I’ll have something much more coherent and amusing by this weekend.

6 comments:

Ms. T said...

Mike said: "Good luck to you Nona. I wish you nothing at this point but continued misery in the Hell of Your Own Making."

Heh, glad to see you are not bitter. You know, I think I may be the only Ex that hasn't received a line like this....hmmm.

Mike also said: "Back In The Saddle Again – I’ve jumped in and started treading water in the dating pool once more. I’ll probably have more about this later on. Suffice it to say, I am currently “off the market” as it were (and for inquiring minds, yes, she too has a “celebrity look alike”).

Hey! You've been holding out on me! What gives?

Anonymous said...

You aren't the only one tamela :)

Anonymous said...

You know, after I posted that I thought about you, Dawn. Okay, so TWO of us.

Anonymous said...

HEHE...Guess that says a lot about us huh

Michael Brown said...

Yeah. It does.

Anonymous said...

Tamela wrote:" 'Back In The Saddle Again – I’ve jumped in and started treading water in the dating pool once more. I’ll probably have more about this later on. Suffice it to say, I am currently “off the market” as it were (and for inquiring minds, yes, she too has a “celebrity look alike”).'

Hey! You've been holding out on me! What gives? "

I'm still waiting to hear about this, too! You owe me a call anyways, MDB!