Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The "Michael Brown" Site Of The Month

Y'know, I said I wasn't going to do this again. In the past, once a month, I would find a website out there on the back roads of the information superhighway that featured someone else named "Mike Brown" or "Michael Brown". It was meant to feature, highlight and celebrate all the wonderously diverse people walking this planet that had one thing in common. Namely (ha!), people with the same name as me.

It was like a socialogical study with a strong humanist undertone. Essentially I was trying to point out, no matter how different all the Michael Brown's in the world are, at the same time, we're all still just Michael (or Mike) Brown's.

In light of what has happened over the past week with Hurricane Katrina and it's after effects, I couldn't help but revive a feature that I used to use much like a floor buffer to keep the once dusty halls of DAO clean and sparkling. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you ...


September 2005
Yes, it's the most prominant "Michael Brown" as of this date! Click on the link and let your neurons spark as you read all about:
Under Secretary of Homeland Security for Emergency Preparedness and Response, Somewhat Deserved Media Punching Bag, Responsibility Scapegoat and All Around Douche Nozzle,
Michael D. Brown!!
(oh, sweet, merciful torture... he even has the same middle initial as me...)
Dangerously Accurate Opinions about Hurricane Katrina and the aftermath will be forthcoming in the next few days. A word of warning, however. I have no idea if it'll be anywhere near a comedic take on this event as per usual 'round these here parts.
Stay tuned...

No comments: