Monday, September 26, 2005

"Would You Believe ... ?"


... that Don Adams is dead?

KAOS Agent: Look, I'm a sportsman. I'll let you choose the way you want to die.
Maxwell Smart: All right, how about old age?

This really bums me out. Almost moreso than Gilligan (Bob Denver) dying just recently.

Get Smart was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid (it was in reruns when I saw it... I'm not that old). I remember when I was real little (like 6 or 7 years old) taking cardboard boxes that I could sit in and with crayons drawing a steering wheel and instruments inside. If it wasn't the Batmobile I was making, it was a "spy car" so I could play Get Smart.

Most people, if they didn't know him as Maxwell Smart, might know him as the voice of Tennesee Tuxedo (a cartoon that ran with Underdog) or more likely the original voice of Inspector Gadget.

Y'know, it's a shame he died at 82 instead of 86 (which was his CONTROL Agent number).

Man, Don ... "missed it by *that* much".

1 comment:

Ms. Hep said...

God, I know...sigh...